28 August 2010

With Lasers, wormhole generators, and sonic thrusters

I've read a couple of places on the intertubes recently that at the 2012 Olympics in London, the Modern Pentathlon will be switching to laser pistols for the shooting events. 

It makes me happy that all my teenage years spent plying Virtua Cop 2 in the Arcade was not wasted....


I'm sure that somewhere along the way, someone, somewhere is going to up upset that a laser pistol might require less skill, no compensating for the wind or whatever.

To those people, I say: welcome to the future. Robots will be along shortly with mind bending future drinks to take your mind off it.

2 comments:

  1. I only got a chance to splash that ford meteor commercial around at work a couple of weeks ago, EVERYONE was like... 'is this for real?', then it was all like 'wwoorrmm hooll generators pfff hahahhaa'.

    Wamp rats, good time!

    This is scott too lasy to log into gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, like anyone else comments on my blarg anyways...

    Apart from my man hugo.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is 'KISS RULES!'.

    ReplyDelete