17 May 2011

Game Over

As foreshadowed in the last post on this blog, around five months ago now, settlement on the townhouse occurred on 24 December 2010, in pretty much the last possible timeslot that it could for 2010. We picked up the keys that afternoon and had a celebratory beer in the empty lounge room. Then, it was all hands on deck with Christmas preparations and a couple of days dedicated to food and the company of excellent people before flying out for Perth.

It was a jam packed, stressful couple of days, but it was great.

I haven’t posted on this blog since, and despite all the other things that I wrote about on here, it really seems that the house was central to the sustainability of this blog.

I still want to keep sharing my head with the internet, but home ownership feels like a new phase in my life, so I’m going to do it over at a new blog – the bleeps, the sweeps and the creeps (http://machinethatgoesping.blogspot.com/).

Join me!

I leave you with a rather excellent video from BoingBoing - an montage of old school video game deaths set to an 8 bit version of 'Mad World' (originally by Tears for Fears - this one is for you Dougy).


PS: I can't leave  sign off a blog post entitled 'game over' without a clip of Aliens - this is also dedicated to my man Doug.

1 comment:

  1. I counted about 5 games I either didnt play or didnt physically watch another person play when they were released. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

    But they mostly came out at night, mostly :)

    ReplyDelete