09 November 2009

DA - APPROVED (conditional)

WOOOOOOO! The DA for the new place has FINALLY been determined by the ACT Dept of Planning. My estimate is that it took about 15 1/2 weeks from their lodgement date to the determination, which is far above and beyond the statutory limit of 9 weeks. I'd like to say something nasty here about ACT Planning, but I guess I don't really know the full details. After all, the DA wasn't lodged by me, and I don't know what else needed to be amended or re-negotiated in the application.

The result that I can see on the ACT Planning website says "approved conditional". I don't really know what the "conditional" part of that means, but I assume it has something to do with the hold up. Hopefully it won't involve much deviation from the plans that were part of our contract...

We've had no word from our real estate agent yet, but hopefully we should hear from them soon. And more importantly, see some movement on the site!

I'm very excited about it, although its only a very early milestone still. From previous estimates of the build time provided by the builder/agent, it should take about another 7 months to build. That puts the finishing date at mid June next year (I'm assuming it will be more like the end of June/start of July).

When I think about it like that, it still seems like such a long, long way away. I'm going to have to learn to enjoy the process of the build.

One other thing that I've been thinking about on the house is the costs of cabling - do the benefits of fixed cables outweigh the costs and hassle of installation? My preference is for a wired home network, rather than a wireless one, but this is meeting some resistance from Dana. I shall have to do some sort of cost/benefit analysis and present her with a business case or something.

Happy days. It makes me think of this song:


PS: Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment