09 March 2010

How can we dance when our quads are burning?

I've decided to become an advocate for clean living. Or at least less alcoholic living.

Things have calmed down a little bit since I last posted, but I'm still washed out as all hell. In addition, I'm hobbling a little still from paintballing on Saturday. Surprisingly enough, I got off fairly lightly on the actual paintball impacts - I have a few bruises, but they're not that big. Some of the other participants were not so lucky. I will post some pictures up when I find some time (promise).

No, it's the muscle aches from running and crouching and kneeling behind cover that are really sore. My knees in particular are hurting. My quads are also up there in the sore-ness stakes, with hip flexors rating an honourable mention. These injuries were not helped by some enthusiastic dancing later on that night. The worm made an appearance, which is always a source of pain.

I did check the on the house over the weekend as well - no changes on my lot. A lot more roof frames have gone up on the other ones, but due to the attached garage design on my unit, I don't think the roof frame can go on until they've put the external bricks on. This is because the garage has no other internal frame, it's just the bricks, but the garage also supports part of the roof. On the bright side, there's a lot of brick laying going on around the site. Fingers crossed it will progress soon.

I leave you with an instructional video on how to do the worm. I think he's doing it in reverse personally, but who am I do argue with a breakdancer that white?!

No comments:

Post a Comment