05 March 2010

The week that would not stop

So tired. Too much stuff to fit in. Arg.

Currently doing my best to make it to the end of the day so that I can meet up with the Esa Mess (aka party planner extrodinaire) and help him prep for the bucks tomorrow. I've had a good run of productivity today, but it has not been sustainable.

This has been the week (fortnight!?) that just won't quit, and it's not over yet. Don't get me wrong, it's been awesome (although has had its low lights) but I'm not sure how much longer I can handle the intensity; I'm bloody knackered!

I promise there will be proper posts on some of the festivities in dure course, but in addition to the intensity that was Melbs to kick the week off, there has been/will be:
  • The job interview;
  • The Road Trips;
  • The Prodigy;
  • The Bucks Part I - Paintball in the rain; and
  • The Bucks Part II - The gambling.
Somewhere in there I'll get some sleep. Hopefully.

There are already some pretty good youtube vids up from Prodigy, but I'm going to see how the ones I took on my camera turned out before I put them up. Be prepared for me to gush a lot in the post about the Prodigy.

To close, here are two versions of one of my favourite tracks of all time, No Quarter, originally by the Zep and also covered by Tool (see below). This is the kind of track that makes me feel calmer and better about the world when things are getting too much.

First the original (albiet a live version):


Edit: Holy poop, I just watched that clip through - very weird. The album version, which I think is slightly better, is also on youtube, but I it just has the cover art. Moving pictures are more interesting...

Second the Tool version (with some strange video a random youtuber made for it):


Tool rock. If anyone can do a decent Zep cover, it's them.

No comments:

Post a Comment