08 June 2010

Of house interiors

Over the last couple of months, Dana and I have been thinking more and more of what we'd like to do with the inside of the house. This is coming home even more now that it's already completed. For example, we've started looking for curtains, we have a couch pretty much picked out, etc.

In light of this, I'm going to try and post a bit more about the thoughts we have and the decisions we make regarding the interior. Hopefully this will mean that I'm chronicling excellent choices that we will love forever, and not a whinge about not being able to find good things in Canberra or the exorbitant price of having things shipped here. I'm upbeat about the former, but there may well be some of the latter.

Anyway, to kick it off, we decided on the weekend we want to get a Chad Floor Lamp, available from Aero Designs

It's also available in black, which I think we'd probably go for. We saw it in an Inside Out magazine - I got Dana a subscription to it for our anniversary last year. While a lot of the stuff in it is totally not my thing, there's an occasional gem in there, and its quite good to get ideas and see what's available. 

Anyway, the lamp is supposed to cost around $340, which doesn't seem that bad after having a look at some nicer ones in the shops recently. I reckon it looks ace.

To end things off, here's a track I really enjoyed listening to at work today - "Angels and Fly" by High Contrast (feat. Nolay). It didn't help me concentrate at all, but it did bring a smile to my face and get stuck in my head all afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment