01 June 2010

Ah yes, aint that fresh - everybody wants to get down like that

Good news house progress followers - the unit in our complex that went back on the market (for a substantially increased price - see previous posts) is now under offer! Hopefully this means it's selling for the ticket price on the site of $455k. This is pretty excellent for us, because ours is a slightly nicer place (on paper at least) and is a substantial increase in value from a year ago when it was first on offer.


I was fairly certain that the unit would sell for a fair bit more (given Canberra's crazy property market), but I worried that $455k was above what the market would pay.

In other news, there were some fairly fast paced changes at work last week that saw me start a new job on Monday morning, after finding out about it on Thursday. Its a position I had expressed interest in, so I see it as a positive move, but it's work that I've never done before, so I'm currently feeling a little out of my depth. This isn't aided by the fact that I don't actually have a director as yet (she hopefully will start next Monday) and that it is the first time I've moved to a completely new job since I joined the public service.

It does fulfill a personal goal I've had to be part of a "taskforce". Now all that's left is become a member of thinktank.

I'll leave you with a song that was stuck in my head and prompted me to listen to some hip hop today (and then go back to dark, dirty drum and bass).

No comments:

Post a Comment