26 May 2010

Art imitating life

I saw a snippet of this video during my lunch time browsing in a short doco posted on Gizmodo about pixel art. The doco itself wasn't hugely interesting, but some of the pixel artwork that it shows off looked quite interesting, especially the animations.


This one took my attention, because I've always loved side scrolling platform games. The story follows the life of the hero, in brief, after he beats the boss and rescues the princess.

The other art that caught my attention in it was the rather excellent Pixels by Patrick Jean, which did the rounds a little while back. Pixels is well worth the watch, if you haven't seen it already.

Now, get back to work, you slackers!

2 comments:

  1. This is my life at the age of 26, did you end up watching the whole thing? Took me about 60 seconds to realise this was not a game hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I watched it all, the end made me laugh loud enough to get wierd looks in the office...

    ReplyDelete