23 February 2010

Are really sure you want to make that an election issue?

I've pretty much had enough of work today. Since I'll still be here a while longer, I thought I'd take a moment out before my brain explodes and do some reading and a quick post. I've been loving Google reader's "recommended" fucntion at the moment. Sure it's not all relevent, but it seems to be doing a fairly good job of finding stuff that I'm interested in. On the flip side, it probably says alot about how much Google knows about me, which is a little creepy.

Now that I think about it, they really DO know a lot about me, so I shouldn't be surprised at all that they can profile my likes an interests. They even know where I spend my days! They even know where I am right now!


Thankfully I don't really care. And it has led me to a few cool things, like Glennz Tees. I found Glennz Tees via an interview on Vector tutes+ (that Google reader recommended) with Kiwi designer and illustrator call Glenn Jones, who makes up half of Glennz Tees. I would never have come near it if it hadn't been recommended.

I really like his work, the style and the humor of it resonates well with me.


The store is full of more awesome designs that make me wish that threadless's hive mind didn't vote up so much shit that it's hard to find t-shirts I like on there. If I wasn't trying to save so much (and failing) I'd totally order a bunch of tees, starting with the one below, Living Room Legend:


The prices are pretty reasonable, looks like around US$20 for most shirts, which is comparable to threadless, and probably still cheaper than what you'd find in an Australian shop.

Anyway, I'd better get back to work. Too much to do and too little time.

PS: I really miss the spellchecker function in the blogger.com post editor!

No comments:

Post a Comment