02 February 2010

Just build it already.

This delayed gratification business isn't working. The delay is giving me this shits proper.

Still no slab, but it should be any day now. To counteract my disappointment at this, I jumped the fence last night and checked out the rest of the sites, including one unit that is a mirror image of ours and already has the concrete as well as a frame up. My conclusion is that the inside looks a decent size. Still fairly compact in terms of the rooms, but comparable to what I have now, with more bedrooms and extra storage.

This makes me happy.

My plans on how to set the living room up look like they will work nicely, although the space will change again when the walls, roof and kitchen are in. At a bare minimum, the TV placement looks like its going to be ace. I can't wait!

We've also had some advice from the real estate agent that says June/July for completion, which gels with what we had estimated, but maybe a little later. No photo's this post. I have some, but I can't really be arsed, and they don't cover any new ground. I didn't manage to take any while I was sneaking around on site last night, mostly because the light was going and I was too excited to be breakin the law (but not in pants as tight as judas priest)...



Now that's out of the system, some other news. Looks like Massive Attack are coming to town. That should freaking rock. Looking like mid-March, so there's another gig to go to, just when I'd decided to be a tight arse again.
Time to get the hell out of the office and play some borderlands. I'm really close to finishing the damn thing, and there are some weird alien mujumbo's that need their arses kicking!


No comments:

Post a Comment